Pages

Subscribe:

četrtek, 4. december 2014

We speak english, yes?

Today, when I was on my way to classes I ran into some tourists. They were already talking to two girls, but somehow I was also dragged in the middle of this communication process. So I gave them directions and proceeded my way. And that was when I realised I sounded pretty bad. Ok, I never got tenses perfectly and I make mistakes, but given the fact that I made matura and First Certificate I should talk way better. And here is when I noticed what could the problem be. We are always learning. Just learning. Sure I watch series without subtitles and had "professional English" in last two years of college, but we never actually concentrated on just TALKING. The last time I really talked in English (that one night when we went out with some friends and met some guys from Switzerland doesn't count :D) was on my oral matura and FCE exam. The English in college doesn't count, since I got nothing from it.


And how to fix it? Today's post is in English so I can practice it and try to get something that makes sense out of my head... We actually meet so few tourists or foreign people. If I don't travel and I do things as always - college, trainings, student club etc. I don't have time and opportunities to just meet people from different countries and nations, and talk to them. I also made DSD (Deutsche Sprach Diplom) in German language... But forgot a whole lot, because on college I only learn one foreign language, and I don't have opportunity to use the language every day (sure, I told myself numerous times that I would read a book or watch German TV program, but never actually got to that part).

So if I cut the bullsh*t I really have to start using languages I learned more, otherwise I will sound like Italians :P (no offence but some of them REALLY don't know anything about English).

And something else. It's December. The most magical month of the year...Tea, wine, holidays, Christmas lights... I can't wait to start decorating my Christmas tree. And go for a walk in Ljubljana with my boyfriend. And go to the cinema - Hobbit and Hunger games await. :D

Have a nice (rest of the( week :P. I will be "teambuilding" in Ajdovščina. Have fun ;). (and no judging my English :D)

0 komentarji :

Objavite komentar