Pages

Subscribe:

torek, 27. januar 2015

I heart NY

I just finished reading a book called "I heart NY" (by Lindsey Kelk) and I really, really liked it.
I started yesterday around 11 p.m., read 'till about 2 a.m., went to sleep for a couple of hours and then continued. I haven't even had breakfast until about two hours ago, so yes... I got totally hooked up.

Let me just mention, that I haven't read a book in quite a while. I was watching series, studying and doing everything else but reading. I just haven't found a book that I'd be interested in. So yesterday, when I went to the library I finally found something I liked. Especially since I am normally such a bookworm, that I carry my books around everywhere I go (yes, you can read during classes, you just need to be into the book so much, you can't leave it alone (; )



The book is about Angela Clark (from London). She discovers her boyfriend is cheating on her (quite interesting I-caught-him-doing-her-in-our-car-on-my-BF's-wedding-day scene). She makes a scene at Louise's (BF, who knew all along) wedding and makes a spontaneous decision. So she ends up in New York, meets Jenny (she helps her with a makeover) and starts dating Taylor and Alex. As a writer, she manages to find a job - blogging. Soon her adventures in the big city, described in her blog, including her love life -  Wall Street (Taylor) and Brooklyn (Alex); become crazy popular.
And soon, she has to make a big decision - whether to stay in NY or go back to London?
And we mustn't forget on Wall Street and Brooklyn, what will happen with them?
Ok, short description, just so you can imagine what the plot is about.

The picture of a book - taken at home

One of the reasons I loved the book (and am writing this in the first place) is the feeling the book left me with - like I can do anything. Like I can be the girl writing that successful blog... I can be that professional writer living in a big city with all those adventures.

One of the comments on the book says: "Mandatory reading for all Sex-And-The-City fans". And I totally agree. It's sooo not SATC copy or anything, it's different but just... Cool.

So if you don't know what to do - go to the library and read that book! :D
The least it can do is - it can put you in a better mood :D

P.S. If I can't be found - another one of her books is waiting for me - This time, we're going to Paris!

0 komentarji :

Objavite komentar